The text from my dad at 7am went like this: “I miss your salmon and eggplant.”
So met Kate for the first time today. Kate is my frined’s co-worker, whom I’ve befriended through group texts. We decided that since I finally got my Thursday’s back to myself, instead of helping out my sister at work, we’d meet up for lunch. I hadn’t eaten breakfast, and because they kidnapped Kate for a meeting, it ended up being breakfast lunch and dinner, lol. I can honestly say I’ve had better but the customer service was good enough for me to want to come back. (And tip better)
Also, you might note “Hoobae” and “Unni” in the tags. No I am not Korean (though I am a fan of the culture), my friend who is a K-pop fan has adorably been calling me “Sunbae” or work Senior/Upperclassmen for years. And we’re now calling Kate “Unni” (older sister) and my friend I refer back to her as Hoobae (underclass men/work junior). It’s a inside joke we share.
But yeah, had fun eating sushi, and cracking up about personal stories.
So… You were probably thinking I was gone. Nope. WordPress was messing up for a long time and all my posts would become drafts. I couldn’t publish anything because the app would shut down.
So to recap my life over the months I’ve been away:
1) Got a spa package for my birthday, various things happened and I ended up getting two free full body massages. At the same time my mother let her friends who suddenly tell her they are basically homeless stay at our place and convince my “uncle” (but not my uncle) to help her with her floors…. The weekend of my birthday, so after being at the spa, I spend the rest of my hours on my knees hand sawing floor boards and helping “uncle”. A mixture of the coolest and most disappointing birthday.
2) Went to my first TFC game 🙂 , came home worked on the floors.
3) Went to my first Union event, the Light the Night Walk for Leukemia and Lymphoma. It was amazing. And seeing the children waving back at us from the hospital was probably one of those special moments that come very rarely in your life.
4) Second trip to the spa my friend went with me, got me a belated birthday present; a citrine pendant.
5) Went to a friend’s birthday party at The D-Spot and had their signature waffle…. There are no words to describe how good the brownies on this waffle was.
6) Discovered Wish.com! Bought the “Ruby Aquamarine Morganite Peridot Silver Ring” in size 8. It lived up to my expectations. (Thank you, Nawei Store!)
And that’s what I’ve been doing!